Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dancing with the Mayor


So this last Thursday was the lighting of the town Chirstmas tree. It was a huge event with a Ranchero band called Los Tigres Del Oriente, and big shots from the national government were there, prizes were given out, and one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen. Since they have no regulations, anything goes as far as explosions, lights, smoke, (Adam Parker would love it here) and when they shoot them off from the 1st story roof of the building your right next to you have a great (yet slightly dangerous) view. So at this festival I was hanging out with my Muni co-workers by the stage and Sandra (my boss in the Women's office) calls me over and then proceeds to push me out on stage to dance in front of all of Jocotan with the Mayor! So as if I'm not constantly being watched already, lets just stick here on stage and watch as I attempt to dance to music I've never heard in my life. They all got a big kick out of it, I'm pretty sure its a past time for them to emberrass me. I should have really surprised them and just started stripping while I was up there, haha. But seriously, all in all it was a good night and I left around 11:30 with Tia Neldy but aparently it lasted until 2:30 in the morning!
Peace.
Robin

No comments: