Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Confused once again...

So I´ve given into the fact that I never know whats going on here, a lot of which I´ll blame on my lack of Spanish, but sometimes I think they just don´t tell me as if I´m magically going to guess what were doing... So Monday I had on my schedule that we were doing something with the women´s office. I knew we were going somewhere, which I assumed to be an Aldea (small rural community) which I thought was to build a playground because they had showed me pictures of this other playground they built in another Aldea. I knew to bring tennis shoes and jeans/tshirt attire. What I didn´t know was that we were actually going to a camp called La Tule to do team building activities with kids from the 4 surrounding areas for the next 2 days. This involved crawling under peoples legs, the human knot, trying to stand 19 people on a platform the size of a pizza box while being sprayed with a water hose, climbing a whole team over a 20 ft wall, climbing a jacobs ladder while being yelled at, crawling like a spider across a football field at 6am, and other emberrassing yet completely amazing games. I was on the Yellow team, which won 2nd place (there were 3 teams and seriously the Red team cheated... :P). It was a ton of fun even though the only things I brought with me were toilet paper, a newspaper, and snack food because I didn´t know what was going on. My entire body is sore, and a I have a basketball game tonight against Chiquimula, wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that sounds super strenuous! i don't know if i would have been able to do half of it! but at least it sounds like fun and kept you busy for two days..

i went on something similar with the westovers at LC and after it was over, i hurt in places that i never even knew COULD hurt! haha