Friday, September 5, 2008

More Rain



Ok not to get too depressive about the rain, but seriously, all day today. This morning was 6 more hours with Patricia and lots of Spanish, and then a meeting with the director at my house just to check up on everything. Overall pretty good. My family made this awesome hot tea out of fresh fruit which was probably the highlight. I also bought gum at a tienda, which is a fiet because I asked in spanish, haha. Today is my moms birthday, so just want to shout out to her that I miss her very much and wish I could tell her face to face. Maybe I can buy some more gum and send that home as a present :P
Tomorrow a "site exchange" so the volunteers from Alhuetengango are coming here to visit us and then we´re going there to visit them. I hear Alhuetenango is at the base of a Volcano and warm so I´m pretty excited about that.
Still working on uploading pìctures, and now on the lookout for a WAWA...

Peace and Love.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Happy to hear form your tone that you are becoming a bit more comfortable with your ambient envirement. I do not, however, understand why it seems so difficult to find a WaWA.
Miss you!

robinsmom said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes...your voice helped me sleep...now we're storm watching/waiting. Maybe I can figure out how to send you pix of our weather effects...

Anonymous said...

She is just wailing on that Pooh Bear!! haha