Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday

I am soooo excited to be getting out of here for Thanksgiving. I can´t wait to see my friends and each a bunch of turkey and sit by a beautiful lake for a couple days reading a book and chatting it up about all our different experiences. Last night my neighbor and I bonded by painting our nails, watching some aweful scary movie with zombies, and then doing the dance excercise DVD my grandmae sent me. Overall a pretty good night, and this morning I picked up my laundry and hung it up with Amarillo. Work today has been pretty boring, but the good thing is that I went and got the wood order for my shelves and tables and took it to the carpenter so at least now that is underway. The days go by slowly but overall the time has flown, I can´t believe it´s already Thanksgiving since I graduated and all. The summer flew by, probably because it was so great. I´m now reading a new book, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (I think that´s the title), recommended by a CB book club and Oprah. The mute in it interests me the most. Hope everyones thanksgiving is good!
Peace, Love,
Robin

3 comments:

ncarolina said...

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter is a wonderful book. I reread it last year. You would probably really like the character Frankie in A Member of the Wedding, if you haven't read that Carson McCullers book. Did you get the Fall envelope - holding off on any more til I know the address works. Sorry to hear about your second thievery experience, but sounds like tons of good stuff going on.

ncarolina said...

If you get a chance read The Reader by Bernhard Schlink, also an Oprah recommendation.

Robin said...

I did get the fall envelope! The leaves are up on my wall, and when Guatemalans come over they always ask where they are from because they are so weird to them here, haha. The address works and I actually get mail a lot faster here than before.