Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grateful for my coffee maker.

I now have the great pleasure of being robbed in Honduras as well, maybe this is some sort of initiation, or maybe that purse was just super bad luck, or most likely I am just not as aware and careful as I need to be. At least this time they didn´t really get much, my credit cards which I cancelled, about $40, and the camera I bought in Antigua which was cheap, plastic, and the screen was completely broken because I dropped it last week. So from now on maybe I´ll just go with disposable cameras, and only carry with me what I can stuff down my underwear, haha, no seriously.
Work is going slow as always, but I´m hosting a birthday fiesta at my house on Friday for one of the Spanish volunteers so that should be good. I think I´m going to cook good ol’ fashion hamburgers and some kind of pasta salad or something. As always new recipes are appreciated.
Today is a little cold and deary, which made it especially hard to get out of bed this morning, Hopefully I´ll finally be able to buy my gas tank for my stove and maybe a hammock too. Tonight I´m meeting with a carpenter to build the furniture I designed for the house. I can not wait to get them built, Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to me if it ever works out.
As for “Into the Wild”, the more I read the more I am glad I am not on an adventure into the wild of Alaska and happy to have my $6 a day, warm weather, and coffee maker. What do you think about the shunning of American culture, unnecessary things, which for Alex included a car, a house, burning all his money and even not showering a lot of the time?

Peace and Love,
Robin

No comments: