Thursday, January 8, 2009

Landslide, Happy New Years!


So just to tell you how badly the landslide in Guatemala is effecting me, I heard about it from my Grandmother in Virginia before I heard about it from anyone including Peace Corps here. Basically, I´m fine and it´s on the other side of the country pretty much, but it is impressive... and we do have landslides over here as well but I hope not like this one.

In other news my New Years was low-key but great none the less. I ended up not going to Montericco and instead just hung out with some of my local Guatemalan friends. The New Year all and all has brought me only good things, except lice. Yes I had lice this week... I don´t know how or what or why it happened, I´m pretty sure I did not use anyone else´s comb. At first I was just itchy and thought it was an allergic reaction to something so I started taking Benedryll and slept for about 2 days and when that didn´t work and the itching got worse I assumed the worse. No really it wasn´t that bad, and I got up extra early this morning to drown those damn things while washing almost everything I own. My New Years resolution was to make it through this next year here in Guatemala, please God, don´t make it harder than it has to be!

Love, Peace,

Robin

1 comment:

robinsmom said...

Happy inauguration day--the hoopla here over Obama's inauguration is as serious as the election itself! And, fyi, Hiliary's Sec of State appointment has been well received. It is cold, rainy--no snow in va--kind of dismal mostly so far this year. Wish I was with you...aha, I will be in 32 days!!!!