Friday, August 29, 2008

One day I´ll change the world?

Friday, August 29, 2008

I feel lucky if I can even change myself here, haha. To keep a little update so far I´ve been to 3 more Birthday parties for little kids, and my host dad´s birthday is tomorrow. I bought him purple murracos (sp?) they are awesome and I hope he thinks it funny, otherwise he´ll just think I´m that ¨weird american¨which I guess is fine too. My language skills are better, but still very basic. I think today I talked about ghosts with my family at breakfast and then travelled up these tiny windy roads to a village to meet a current volunteer in her site with some people from my training group. The volunteer lives in a pretty awesome 2 bedroom apartment, not really lavish but doable and she has to spend a 1/3 of her monthly allowance on it! yikes, good thing food is cheap here. On the ride there I got car sick and saw many sweatshops, chicken farms, and pig slaughter houses, it was pretty naseating to say the least. So far I still have yet to find Cooler Ranch Doritos, they have 3 other flavors, but not Cooler Ranch... I will continue my search.

Later.
Robin

No comments: