Friday, June 4, 2010

Guatemala Disaster

So for those of you who haven't heard about it on the news, Volcano Pacaya erupted last Thursday leaving ash all over the capital, Guatemala City, then on Saturday a huge tropical storm, Agatha, came through flooding a major part of the country.  This has left landslides, a giant sink hole, fallen bridges, lots of mud, and the airport closed for almost a week.  I luckily? was out of the country visiting some friends and couldn't return until today.  For pictures of the catostrophe you can go to http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/a_rough_week_for_guatemala.html

I've heard my house and town are fine and were minorly effected.  The capital has been a disaster.  Right now I'm just trying to make my way back to Jocotan, hopefully arriving tomorrow or the next day.  I'll keep you updated on further news once I get there.

Peace, Love,
Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! those pictures on the link you posted were painful to look at. I feel so sorry for everyone who was affected by these natural disasters. I'm so glad that you and your house/town are okay!

/hugs!