Monday, May 10, 2010

New News

First off, I just want to say Thank-you to the people who still read this blog. I've been gone a long time and I'm glad I haven't been forgotten just yet ;)

Also, thank you very much for the books we have been recieving for the library project. It is always growing and will be a great success here. In recent news I haven't recieved any further confirmation from USAID or the muni on find the funding to restore the building, although I have a meeting this Friday in the capital where I'll learn about some new library electronic resources. The meeting is hosted by USAID so I'm hoping to check with them personally about the project then.

Since each day seems to be going by faster, and I have less and less time here I have also begun looking for Plan B, which is looking better every day. Plan B is to do the same thing I want to do now but instead of in the Municipal Library, complete the project in the Oraphange Community right outside town. Last Friday, when I was there for my Youth Group, I noticed they have a room with books and so I asked the secretary about it. Aparently they have a library, but basically not enough books or computers for it to function, soooo this project would be great there as well and the people who work there are very motivated and great to coordiante with. So for a Plan B, I think it's a pretty good option.

One of the great lessons from Peace Corps, have a Plan B and be patient and flexible, and patient, and strong, and still more patient... Nothing, especially not in Guatemala, changes in a day.

In other news I made cake and watched movies in my house this weekend, it was great.  The kids in the picture are wearing the traditional local dress for the Folklore Festival that was last weekend. =)

Peace, Love,
Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still read your blog! I might forget to check it sometimes, but I always get caught up eventually! haha

Sounds like everything is going really well!

But plan B sounds like it's going to keep you out of the states for even longer! :(