Thursday, December 17, 2009

December

Well no snow so far, really I'm just hoping it stays below 90. Tomorrow is the CONVIVIO (or work chirstmas party) and then we are on vacation, except I'm not really because I'm going to try to make a database of all the new books for the library over the holidays.
This weekend I went to Hawaii, not the state the little village in Guatemala :), for our welcoming party to the new Oriente volunteers. Everything went great, there was sun (as always), and beach, and a pool, and we set free baby sea turtles because the local volunteer there works at the refuge.
After that I came back to medical visits and lots of work to finish up the year. Health wise I'm doing better, but it still irritates me sometimes so I have another appointment right before Christmas. Otherwise every thing in my site is going well, I am really exciting about this next year. Kristy, a previous volunteer, told me over and over again how much better your 2nd year of service is and I feel really positive about it. If anything I will make this Library happen, right? haha
Pictures soon to come, probably Sunday when I go to Chiquimula for some Christmas shopping.

Peace and Love,
Robin

1 comment:

ncarolina said...

I like unusual things at Christmas. Setting baby turtles free is sure a new one and sounds like fun. You would like my sisters'(yes that is multiple, they live together)Papillon, Rigel. He's just a wee bit bigger than Bella, but with lots of feathery hair. He jumps up and catches these super balls about 100times, then he meticulously gathers up enough balls to fill his food bowl on top of the dry food, and then eats around them and licks them real good too. I got him some special super balls with Morris the 9lives cat on them so he can chase cats at the same time. We won't tell him a good size feline would have him for dinner! Deer are common, but it was cool at Christmas, behind my sisters' town house - we watched a whole heard of them eating the corn the neighbors put out (they live north of Baltimore.) Those yellow flowers on your Thanksgiving table are really pretty. Yay Spring.