Thursday, May 14, 2009

Arc GIS Training and Fotos

Hey guys,
In training and thought I'd send out a little message. Things are good here, but man I miss the heat, it is cold and rainy here. ArcGIS is giving me a headache, man I never knew how complicated a map could be but I do think this training is going to be awesome for mapping the census data for Barrio Nuevo. Lately project wise my work has been returning to the world of Architecture. I am redesigning the only childrens park in Jocotan and I am trying to make it as cost-efficient, evironmentaly friendly, educational, and beautiful as possible. I think I have a month, haha. So that is a lot of work to do, and finishing the census so that I can find the homes in Barrio Nuevo that need the most help and coordinate them with Habitat for Humanity, and events with the Womens office and community comissions. The visit with my PC hefe really helped straighten out my priorities and relationships in the office. The Library project has been put on a back-burner because of all the other work, but I am still very interested in any ideas anyone might have for obtaining more books in Spanish and/or computers.

Heres a good pic of the Folklore Festival, where kids are taunting a bull. I have a good video on webshots and more photos uploaded now.

2 comments:

robinsmom said...

Thank you for the updates...we're having rain so much I think Virginia is becoming tropical...will the playground be across from the muni? Hope they build it while you are there. Mapping sounds challenging and it's amazing how much education you are getting in Guatemala! Every time I see a Robin hopping about I think of you. Love & More love

Kimberlyyyyy said...

Hey there. I am Kim Mills, I just found out yesterday that we are related, lol. Your mother and my father are cousins, so I guess that makes us second cousins or something. My twin brother and I spent the day in Coloniel Beach yesterday and heard so many great things about you. Everything you do is amazing, keep up the good work. I know that I would not be able to live in a different country away from my family and do all of the work that you do. Hopefully one day I will get to meet you, keep in touch.